Notes from our October meeting
Indivisible Notes October 14, 2019
Monticello VFW 7:00pm
Sue called meeting to order at 7:00, 24 people attended.
90 Second Sharing
1. Ann and Jeff Burns are driving to Xcel IRP meeting in St. Cloud on Oct. 23. Email Sue if you would like to go with them email@example.com
2. Phone Banking at Deitering’s House Thursday, Oct. 17 from 6:30-8. Group will meet on first Monday and third Thursday monthly. Contact Karen if interested in joining.
3. Democratic Party Senate District 29 Fall Outing Bonfire and meal at Ken VenOsdel Farm 1247 Gowan Ave. S.W. Waverly on Sat., Oct. 26 from 4-7 (weather permitting) Bonfire, bean-bag toss, farm animals, eat supper, make S’Mores, Chat with fellow Democrats. Bring camp chairs, children, and friends. Contact Shawne with questions 612-709-5368.
4. Diversity: Monticello Community Book Read Anne Dunn Fire in the Village, author will speak. Monticello High School Media Center Nov. 4 6:30-7:30 Free.
5. Critical Conversations in Delano: Session # 4 Saturday, Oct. 26 at 10:00-12:00 noon Delano City Hall. Assignments for Session #4:
Read Chapter 6 John Brown and Abraham Lincoln Lies My Teacher Told Me pp. 172-203
Read Chapter 7 Land of Opportunity Lies My Teacher Told Me pp. 204-218
Read Chapter 8 Watching Big Brother Lies My Teacher Told Me pp. 219-243
Session # 5 Saturday, Nov. 9 at 10:00-12:00 noon Delano City Hall Assignments for Session #5:
Read Chapter 9 See No Evil: Choosing Not to Look at the War in Vietnam Lies My Teacher Told Me pp. 244-258
Read Chapter 10 Down the Memory Hole: The Disappearance of the Recent Past Lies My Teacher Told Me pp. 259-279
Read Chapter 11 Progress Is Our Most Important Product Lies My Teacher Told Me pp. 280-300
Read Chapter 12 Why Is History Taught Like This? Lies My Teacher Told Me pp. 301-339
Read Chapter 13 What Is the Result of Teaching History Like This? Lies My Teacher Told Me pp. 340-345
Speaker for the Evening:
Jessica Tritsch- Sierra Club - Sue sent you her pages in another email.
She presented Xcel’s Integrated Resource Plan, a 15 year energy forecast for how much is needed (coal, gas, all types of energy). Goal to be 100% carbon free by 2050.
Here are the materials she shared. Anyone who signed up on the sheet (or signs up online at sc.org/TellXcel will also get an email with some more details on the hearing and tips for speaking!
· Sierra Club action page w/ petition & hearing sign ups: sc.org/TellXcel
· Xcel IRP "Report card" letsleadagainmn.org
o Monday, October 21 at 2 p.m. & 7 p.m., Sabathani Community Center, Target Banquet Center, 310 East 38th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55409
o Wednesday, October 23 at 7 p.m., St. Cloud Holiday Inn & Suites, Heritage Room, 75 37th Avenue South, St. Cloud, MN 56301
o Monday, October 28 at 7 p.m., Dayton's Bluff Recreation Center, Auditorium, 800 Conway Street, St. Paul, MN 55106
o Wednesday, October 30 at 7 p.m., Mankato Civic Center, Reception Hall, 1 Civic Center Plaza, Mankato, MN 56001
· Facebook events for public meetings
Jessica Tritsch Senior Campaign Representative Sierra Club Beyond Coal to Clean Energy Campaign 2327 E Franklin Ave. #1 Minneapolis, MN 55406 (612) 259-2449 (612) 963-9642 cell firstname.lastname@example.org
Next meeting Nov. 11 VFW Monticello